Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"Domari" 2011 from a corps performer perspective

I am over-the-top excited about being included in this production. Anne has so graciously allowed me to be included mid-year so I have a fast-choreography row to hoe. As a dancer in the corps, I have 3 big dances to learn so far. Standing in te Dominic Walsh Theater Studio, I was having flashbacks. Coming from a Ballet/Modern Dance Fine Arts back ground, how quickly your mind (not body!) reverts. It will come together. At least that's what I tell myself! Better yet...I am told there is a 9/8 in my future. (YAY!) Turkophile Sisters will totally appreciate.

Please mark your calendars to be in Houston, if at all possible, September 10-11 to attend this show. Put on by Dance From The Heart (www.dancefromtheheart.org), this dance drama is compelling and the choreography beautifully complex but will be enjoyed by all. Artistic license is employed but the message is ancient and contemporary at the same time. Those of you familiar with the Romani struggles will appreciate this.

Join us for this very special event. I will keep you posted as I take this journey!

3 comments:

Jen Dance Romani said...

Patsy! We're so excited for you - how wonderful!

Anne said...

So glad to have you join us, Patsy... thank you for the kind words. I'm very excited about the show, and am so proud to work with such a great group of hard-working, talented dancers!!

Patricia Selmo said...

So glad you're joining us, Patsy! And I'm with you on the 9/8 - my FAVE!!!